× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Printer Won't Connect to Network

kevincorn
Aspirant

Printer Won't Connect to Network

I installed a new wireless router 2 days ago and since then have not been able to get my printer to connect to the network.  It worked just fine prior to installing the new router.  Netgear customer service tells me the problem is with my printer and refuses to help without paying them.

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
kevincorn
Aspirant

Everything worked fine & I could print directly from the computer to the printer.  I finally just wound up uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it.  That seems to have worked . . . so far.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kevincorn

Welcome to the community!

How will the printer be connected to the router?

Wired or wireless connection?

If it's wireless, make sure that you have the correct wireless password to connect it to the wireless network.

Think of it as a wireless laptop that will be connected to the network.

However, if it will be connected through wired make sure that the cable is inserted securely to the port on the router. 

By the way, what's the model of the printer?

Message 2 of 6
kevincorn
Aspirant

It is a wireless connection that worked just fine with the previous routers I've had.  The printer is an old HP2542 all in one.  Right now the network will not even recognize the printer.

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Make sure that you can print first directly to the computer. 

Then once you have established that you should be able to see the wireless signal of the router to connect to it. 

Are there any other devices that can connect to the router wirelessly?

Message 4 of 6
kevincorn
Aspirant

Everything worked fine & I could print directly from the computer to the printer.  I finally just wound up uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it.  That seems to have worked . . . so far.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update. 

Should you have any other concerns let us know.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7