× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem connecting a new surface pro 4 to N600 router using new netgear internet webpage

jclark528
Aspirant

Problem connecting a new surface pro 4 to N600 router using new netgear internet webpage

I have had a N600 Router for a few years. Earlier this year I updated the firmware. No problems until I tried to setup the surface pro 4. I went to the internet to enter the MAC address and realized the new webpage for doing this was a lot more complicated. I added the new computer but it can't connect to the internet. Windows 10 sees the router but when I try to connect it says it can't even with the passphase and also tried holding in the button on the router for 30 seconds.

Any suggestions?  I have rebooted the router and the new computer. Nothing seems to work......

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jclark528
Aspirant

Re: Problem connecting a new surface pro 4 to N600 router using new netgear internet webpage

Thank You for your reply.  I have spent additional time and $ on this one.  I went back to Netgear Support. They did charge me but I found out the problem was suppose to be with my internet provider.  I spent an additional hour on the phone with them and they came up with my Netgear cable modem was not capable of the new speeds they had just released overnight. I went from 15 mbs to 50 mbs. Also the Netgear cable modem was in and out due to storms overnight.

Whatever the reason I went out and purchased a Netgear cable modem and wireless router all in one.

Everything is now up and running great......

Thank You for your help. Hope all have a great Holiday Season!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Problem connecting a new surface pro 4 to N600 router using new netgear internet webpage

N 600 is NOT a model number! Hold reset until Power led flashes. Use default settings...  PW information is located on the router ...back or bottom depending on model.

Message 2 of 3
jclark528
Aspirant

Thank You for your reply.  I have spent additional time and $ on this one.  I went back to Netgear Support. They did charge me but I found out the problem was suppose to be with my internet provider.  I spent an additional hour on the phone with them and they came up with my Netgear cable modem was not capable of the new speeds they had just released overnight. I went from 15 mbs to 50 mbs. Also the Netgear cable modem was in and out due to storms overnight.

Whatever the reason I went out and purchased a Netgear cable modem and wireless router all in one.

Everything is now up and running great......

Thank You for your help. Hope all have a great Holiday Season!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7