× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R3650 not connecting to devices

Msilverio315
Aspirant

R3650 not connecting to devices

I just setup this router R3650 router ive had for about 1 1/2 years in my new dorm. I registered the MAC with my campus as they require and it shows that the router has a connection andthe ethernet connections from it are fine, however whenever i try to connect anything to to wireless i get a cannot connect to network error. This is on every device and i have and the firmware is up to date, not sure if i need to change any other settings but i cant get it to work. does anyone else have potential solutions?

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 4

Re: R3650 not connecting to devices

@Msilverio315 wrote:

I just setup this router R3650 router ...

I can'y find that. Which is it? The R6300v2 in the footer or something else?

@Msilverio315 wrote:

I registered the MAC with my campus as they require and it shows that the router has a connection andthe ethernet connections from it are fine, however whenever i try to connect anything to to wireless i get a cannot connect to network error.

What sort of connection do you have on campus?

It may be that they connect you to a router. If so, you are piling router on router. In which case, you might have more luck if you put whatever router you own in wireless access point (AP) mode.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Look for something in the manual along the lines Setup the router as a WiFi access point.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

If that doesn't work, then you may have to ask the people who run the campus network.

Message 2 of 4
Msilverio315
Aspirant

I am assuming that is the same model, the R6350 was not an option on the list there but it is the same type AC1750 dual band.

The campus uses At&T with the dorms having this joint etehrnet/extender in each room that they say works like a normal ethernet on a modem. 

I tried to use WAP mode to no avail.

When I asked campus IT the response was along the lines of "Not our equipment, not our problem. Good Luck"

Message 3 of 4

@Msilverio315 wrote:

The campus uses At&T with the dorms having this joint etehrnet/extender in each room ..

Any signs of what this thing is? Does it have a make and/or model number?

@Msilverio315 wrote:
..they say works like a normal ethernet on a modem. 

That could mean many things.

@Msilverio315 wrote:

When I asked campus IT the response was along the lines of "Not our equipment, not our problem. Good Luck"

There's support for you. Great place you live in.

Maybe you could see if anyone else on campus is a bit more clued up than these twerps.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7