× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R4500 USB Control Center - Windows can't find NuDrvInst64.exe?

sbier
Aspirant

R4500 USB Control Center - Windows can't find NuDrvInst64.exe?

I'm running Windows 7 on a desktop and Windows 10 on a new laptop.  Having problems trying to install ReadShare for printing on my old desktop (with Win7), although everything seems to be working okay on my Win10 laptop.  When I start the ReadyShare Printer setup util, the InstallShield wizard opens, get a little more than half-way through and then stops, showing an error message saying Windows can't find NuDrvInst64.exe.  The installation went okay on my Win10 laptop, which is printing fine.  Please help!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @sbier

Welcome to the community!

How about to completely uninstall the ReadySHARE Printer USB utility, restart the PC then turn off any firewall or any antivirus installed on the PC. 

Once done, reinstall the software then see if that will work. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @sbier

Welcome to the community!

How about to completely uninstall the ReadySHARE Printer USB utility, restart the PC then turn off any firewall or any antivirus installed on the PC. 

Once done, reinstall the software then see if that will work. 

Message 2 of 4
sbier
Aspirant

Bingo - it worked!  My original message neglected to mention that I'd already tried turning of my Norton firewall and AV - and also trying to install USB Control Center in/from Safe Mode.  None of that worked, but your plan - uninstall USB Control Center, reboot the PC, turn off firewalls and AV and then reinstall USB Control Center - WORKED!  And the ControlCenter itself works because now I can print from both of our PCs.  MANY THANKS, ELAINE!

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's great! Glad to hear that it worked!

You're very welcome. 

Feel free to mark the solution. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7