× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6200 and CM500V connection

PaulOn
Aspirant

R6200 and CM500V connection

I have a Netgear R6200 wi-fi router that has been working flawlessly with a leased Comcast cable modem for several years.  The firmware is at the latest level.  I purchased a Netgear CM500V modem to replace the Comcast modem.  I successfully activated and achieved Internet connectivity with the new modem, using it's built-in Ethernet port.  However, when connecting the R6200 router to the CM500V modem, the router connects to the modem, and my devices can still connect to the router, but there is no internet connectivity from my devices.  I returned to the original config, replacing the CM500V with the old Comcast modem, and everything is working fine.  Is there something I need to configure to make the CM500V and R6200 work together?  They are both Netgear products.  Could it be an Ethernet speed issue?  I think both the CM500V and R6200 support 1GB.  Or, is there an IPv6 issue? or some other setting I need to look at?

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
PaulOn
Aspirant

Re: R6200 and CM500V connection

OK, never mind.  I found the simple fix.  The router is basically "stuck" trying to find the old modem.  Changing boot sequence of router / modem didn't help, but logging into the router and doing a DHCP release / renew from the "Advanced" screen fixed it.  The default address of the Comcast modem was 10.0.0.1, and the Netgear is 192.168.100.1, so the release / renew fix it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
PaulOn
Aspirant

Re: R6200 and CM500V connection

OK, never mind.  I found the simple fix.  The router is basically "stuck" trying to find the old modem.  Changing boot sequence of router / modem didn't help, but logging into the router and doing a DHCP release / renew from the "Advanced" screen fixed it.  The default address of the Comcast modem was 10.0.0.1, and the Netgear is 192.168.100.1, so the release / renew fix it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series