× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 - 5G max connection speed up 173mbps no 867 option availabe

zaPURE
Aspirant

R6220 - 5G max connection speed up 173mbps no 867 option availabe

Hi

I can't seem to get my router to show the options that allow the 5g interface to offer 867 Mbps connection it currently only allows up to 173mbps

When I go to wireless setting under the Wireless Network (5GHz a/n/ac) setting it only gives me the option to set the mode up to 173mbps and there is no other options available.

Everything I have read indicates that there should a number of different options including "up to 867 Mbps".

What setting am I missing to get the router to allow me to try and connect at 867 Mbps?

Note: The Wireless Network (2.4GHz b/g/n) mode setting is setup to up 300 Mbps with Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence ticked yes

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R6220 - 5G max connection speed up 173mbps no 867 option availabe

What region is your router set to?  Someone else had a similar issue and their region was set to something like Israel.  Perhaps there are region-specific limitations imposed by regulation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

What region is your router set to?  Someone else had a similar issue and their region was set to something like Israel.  Perhaps there are region-specific limitations imposed by regulation.

Message 2 of 3
zaPURE
Aspirant

Thank you, that was it changed the region from Africa to United states and all the options appeared

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7