× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6350 LAN disconnects repeatedly requiring reset

R6350 LAN disconnects repeatedly requiring reset

R6350 brand new running V1.1.0.52_1.0.1 disconnects LAN ports repeatedly. Sometimes one port, sometimes all. Sometimes reset restores.

Devices ethernet connected WinXP PC, Directv, and roku puck.

Have tried reset through paperclip. 30-30-30 method of holding reset and unplugging 3 times.

Have rebooted modem and reconnect router in recommended sequence.

Cables are good.

This model does not have LED LAN port lights. DCHP lease times vary from 1 hr to 8 hrs after resets. Wifi works fine. ( previously posted question in noghthawk section by mistake). This has had this issue since initial installation.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6350 LAN disconnects repeatedly requiring reset

It looks like the solution rests with adjusting the network adapter to work well with the new router. This is what I did and the ethernet /LAN connection has been stable. WinXP Computer services-device manager-network adaoter-nvidia nforce controller-advanced-speed/duplex setting.

Then select option to FORCE 100 half duplex. Restart. 

This worked for me so far.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

At this point I may have to admit the fault may be with my HP Pavilion a1600n with an Nvidia eforce network controller. At any rate, as stated before, the wifi is fine. All ports are functioning now.

Message 2 of 3

It looks like the solution rests with adjusting the network adapter to work well with the new router. This is what I did and the ethernet /LAN connection has been stable. WinXP Computer services-device manager-network adaoter-nvidia nforce controller-advanced-speed/duplex setting.

Then select option to FORCE 100 half duplex. Restart. 

This worked for me so far.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7