× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 after firmware update, Genie tells me WiFi Connectivity Not Enabled... but I have wifi...?

bemused59
Aspirant

R6400 after firmware update, Genie tells me WiFi Connectivity Not Enabled... but I have wifi...?

In the course of troubleshooting connectivity issues after a power outage, I updated the firmware via NETGEAR Genie. Have all connectivity back, but on the "Home" page of the Genie, I have a STATUS: Not Enabled message under WiFi Connection. When I open the WiFi Connection button, I get a "Can not scan the wireless Networks. Make sure your wireless adapter is turned on and is not disabled" message.

Yet... all my wifi devices in the house show up on the Network Map, and I HAVE wifi access through the router on the 2 devices I've tested.

What is this message REALLY saying to me... and how can I make it go away?

Thanks.

Jeff

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6400 after firmware update, Genie tells me WiFi Connectivity Not Enabled... but I have wifi...?

Hi @bemused59,

The message on the "Home" page of the NETGEAR Genie indicates that either the device you are currently using does not have a wireless adapter or you have it disable/turned off. If you are using a laptop, it is possible that it has a physical wireless switch that needs to be toggled on or off. I recommend checking the user manual for that.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6400 after firmware update, Genie tells me WiFi Connectivity Not Enabled... but I have wifi...?

Hi @bemused59,

The message on the "Home" page of the NETGEAR Genie indicates that either the device you are currently using does not have a wireless adapter or you have it disable/turned off. If you are using a laptop, it is possible that it has a physical wireless switch that needs to be toggled on or off. I recommend checking the user manual for that.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
bemused59
Aspirant

Thanks, Dexter... the Genie is loaded on my PC, which does NOT have wireless capability -- so that explains it perfectly.

Appreciate you clearing that up for me, I will immediately stop worrying about it. {~;

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7