× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400v2 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router 802.11ac

HEA
Follower
Follower

R6400v2 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router 802.11ac

I gave away my router and need to unregister it for the new owner. Unfortunately, it's no longer in my possession and is not connected to my wifi, either. I can't unregister on my iphone without a connected router. Does anyone know how to unregister a router that's not connected to a wifi?

Message 1 of 2

Re: R6400v2 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router 802.11ac

@HEA wrote:

I gave away my router and need to unregister it for the new owner.

Why? The only benefits of registering a router is to get free support for 90 days and the year (or more) warranty. This does not apply to a second hand router.

Did you set up your router for Anywhere Access (previously known as Remote Access) so that you could use the Netgear Cloud to manage your R6400v2 over the Internet?

If so, then you may need to ask someone to remove your router from MyNetgear. But, if you did sign up for that, you can deal with that if the new user has problems.

As to using the router, the new owner does  not need to do anything beyond a "factory reset" – to remove any old settings – and then to set the thing up as if it has just come our of the box.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7