× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400v2 router attached device table shows missing or incorrectly named devices

brucecgirton
Aspirant

R6400v2 router attached device table shows missing or incorrectly named devices

My R6400v2 router attached device table shows missing or incorrectly named devices.  One hidden 2.4 GHz device is a new printer that clearly thinks it is attached to the router; I have had problems printing to this new printer (and the older model it replaced recently.)  Rebooting the router did not help.

The OS is Windows 11, the firmware is current, it's on a home network connected to a fiber modem by an ethernet cable.  Signal strength and connection speed are excellent.  This issue has developed within the last few weeks.  

If you have any ideas I can try or need any additional information to help me, please don't hesitate, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Message 1 of 2

Re: R6400v2 router attached device table shows missing or incorrectly named devices

@brucecgirton wrote:

This issue has developed within the last few weeks.  

Any Windows updates since then? I've certainly seen them here. They have a habit of messing around with the network settings.

My R6400v2 router attached device table shows missing or incorrectly named devices. 

Where are you looking? Browser graphical user interface (GUI)? Nighthawk app? Or, my favourite, the desktop genie for Windows?

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The OS is Windows 11, the firmware is current, it's on a home network connected to a fiber modem by an ethernet cable. 

How fast is the Internet there? "fibre modem" could mean many things. (Every Internet connection is fibre somewhere along the way.) That 2017 router is not the newest, or fastest, router in the block.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7