× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 212 and Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

RacingTog
Aspirant

Ready NAS 212 and Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

Hello Everyone,

No idea what "location" I am supposed to post this in as I can't find one that suits this.

I am running Windows 10 64bit

Firmware: 6.10.5. Hotfix 1

I have a Netgear Ready NAS 212 and want to backup my files from a LaCie RAID USB storage device. I am using Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office for all my backup routines. Acronis works perfectly well except for when you throw Netgear into the mix. It takes over a week to do a backup to the Netgear NAS. I can use Netgear’s own built in software no problem to do NAS 212 to NAS 212 backups and it takes only a day. So, my Network works fine and my Acronis works fine. The problem I have is when I try to use Acronis with a Ready NAS 212.

I have spent weeks with Acronis trying to find a solution but they have told me it is nothing to do with them and is a Netgear issue.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

It is hard to believe that one of the worlds most popular makers of backup devices and one of the worlds top backup software providers can’t get themselves to work together properly.

Many thanks,

I am much obliged,

My very best wishes,

Matt

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ready NAS 212 and Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

Please visit and post about this over in the Ready NAS forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/bd-p/readynas-general

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Ready NAS 212 and Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

@RacingTog wrote:

Hello Everyone,

No idea what "location" I am supposed to post this in as I can't find one that suits this.

It never hurts to run a search on this place:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Ready NAS 212

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7