× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadySHARE flash drives disappeared from network

conradmetz
Aspirant

ReadySHARE flash drives disappeared from network

Previously I could access the flash drives connected to my WNDR4500(v2) by clicking on "Network" under "Computer" on my Windows 7 desktop. As of yesterday, the flashdrives have disappeared at that location. I can access them by opening Netgear Genie, clicking on ReadySHARE, and then clicking on the router's address. The flash drives then appear and I can copy/write normally. This is a cumbersome procedure. What has happened? I made no changes to my system, other than routine Windows Updates.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
conradmetz
Aspirant

It turns out that the solution is really much simpler. Instead of approaching the situation through Computer/Network, simply enter Netgear Genie, click through the ReadySHARE choices, and click on the router address. When the flashdrive appears, right click on it and select "Map network drive." Select any available drive letter and immediately the flash drive becomes available under Computer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @conradmetz

The Windows Update might have changed some settings.

You may want to re-mapped the drive by adding the Network Location under "Computer".

See this link on how to map the drive again.

Message 2 of 5
conradmetz
Aspirant

I tried to follow the procedure for mapping a network drive, but got stymied by the terminology. I know my flashdrive drive letters (U and T) but what does "folder" mean in this context?

Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If ever you want to specify a specific folder inside the drive then you may do so.

That's what the folder mean.

Message 4 of 5
conradmetz
Aspirant

It turns out that the solution is really much simpler. Instead of approaching the situation through Computer/Network, simply enter Netgear Genie, click through the ReadySHARE choices, and click on the router address. When the flashdrive appears, right click on it and select "Map network drive." Select any available drive letter and immediately the flash drive becomes available under Computer.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7