× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Login page connection refused..

FrenchMassacre
Follower

Router Login page connection refused..

Hi Guys,

I have a Netgear TrendNet TEW-639GR that I want to use at my grandmas (used it as an access point a few years back)

Tried to reset it to factory defaults (hold the reset button for 20seconds while powered on) but it seems to have NO effect whatsoever.. It's still creating the same wifi and having the same issue.. Tried 4 times.

My issue is, the router was setup (for my old place) as an access point and I can't seem to access the router's settings anymore.. trying to access 192.168.10.1 or pinging it gives me a time out error.. The router is connected to my windows 7 machine via LAN.. 

ipconfig gives me:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix :
Link-Local IPv6 Address : fe80::4983:8aa1:bo7:5c67x16
Antoconfiguration IPv4 Address : 169.254.92.103
Subnet Mask : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway :

I believe the problem could be either:

1. The connection is defined as Unidentified Network and is set as Public -> Could be windows blocking it.

2.  The auto-configured IP is in a different subnet than the router, could be preventing communications as well..

Any ideas on how to get into the routers config?

Been breaking my head over this for the whole day..

Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Router Login page connection refused..

download the manual from trendent this is not a Netgear product you are on a netgear site. I looked briefly for the reset procedure but only found the procedure to use if logged in to router

http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=15269

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Router Login page connection refused..

download the manual from trendent this is not a Netgear product you are on a netgear site. I looked briefly for the reset procedure but only found the procedure to use if logged in to router

http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/inc_downloading.asp?iFile=15269

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7