× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Technical support 1 day less than a year - Was going to ask about Router Outbound VPN for Whole home

BummedInSeattle
Follower

Technical support 1 day less than a year - Was going to ask about Router Outbound VPN for Whole home

I would have put in a support call for this, but apparently my support ended one day less than a full year. I bought my router last year (11-14-2019) so support should go through the end of today (11-13-2020). Enough about NetGear not knowing how to count a full year...

The point of my post:

I would like to know if my ORBI RBR50 router is capable as acting as a VPN client iteself (connecting to a VPN service provider), thus protecting my whole network without having to install clients on each device inside my network. I keep reading that this is an option availble on programmable routers, but no mention about whether or not the RBR50 is capable. I did spend a pretty penny on this router / 2 satelline mesh network so I could get a signal throughout the home and am not a fan of the idea that I'd have to replace all that. If that becomes a must, what other mesh network options would fit the bill?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Technical support 1 day less than a year - Was going to ask about Router Outbound VPN for Who...

Hi BummedlnSeattle,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Our Orbi system doesn't have the feature called Hybrid VPN where you can turn the router into a VPN Client. This feature is only available to our Gaming routers. 

Best Gaming Routers and LAN Gaming Switches | Nighthawk Pro Gaming | Power to Win (netgear.com)

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7