× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Treadmill causes router to reset to factory defaults

bmellow2
Aspirant

Treadmill causes router to reset to factory defaults

I recently got a treadmill desk on which I put a TV, Blu Ray player and powered speakers.  I have had a problem where my router will reset to factory defaults if I use the treadmill more than about 20 minutes (just a guess, but I used it yesterday for 15 minutes and didn't have the problem).  The router is in the same room.  The blu-ray, TV, router and cable modem are all on a APC Smart-UPS SMT1000, but the UPS is on the same circuit as the treadmill.  I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with dirty power or power sags or something else.

I am presuming the problem is the treadmill as I can't imagine the TV, Blu-Ray player or computer speakers causing the issue.  The treadmill doesn't have any wireless connectivity or anything like that.  It is very simple.

Do I need a filter before the UPS?

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bmellow2
Aspirant

Re: Treadmill causes router to reset to factory defaults

I am going to try moving the UPS to a circuit in another room using an extension cable.  There is only one circuit in that room.  I didn't have time to try that this morning.  I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @bmellow2

How about if you plug that treadmill in a different outlet?

Message 2 of 4
bmellow2
Aspirant

I am going to try moving the UPS to a circuit in another room using an extension cable.  There is only one circuit in that room.  I didn't have time to try that this morning.  I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No problem. If it happens again, try to check other outlet which may be in a different circuit breaker.

To be honest, this is my first time hearing it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7