× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Troubleshooting

chrissa2
Aspirant

Troubleshooting

My R6400v2 is not recognizing the Ethernet cord being plugged in. I have rebooted and reset the router plenty of times, nothing seems to work. Called Netgear, but they want me to pay because my 90 day complimentary support has expired. My router is still under Hardware Warranty. I think it’s a hardware issue, but Netgear still wants me to pay to talk with Technical Support.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Troubleshooting

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

Have you checked the cables? 

Have you checked the wan port? 

WAN or LAN port not working | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
chrissa2
Aspirant

So I do not need a modem for where I live. I tried using a new Ethernet cable I purchased today and that did not work. I just off the phone with the tech support again and they believe it is an issue with my actual internet. So I am expecting a call from my intervention company tomorrow. But I am still open to trying anything and everything you could recommend to fix this issue today.
Message 3 of 4

@chrissa2 wrote:
So I do not need a modem for where I live. I tried using a new Ethernet cable I purchased today and that did not work.

So, what delivers the Internet?

If you don't need a modem, have you tried plugging a computer into the connection without a router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7