× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UDP connectivity issues - Steam, torrents

another_two
Aspirant

UDP connectivity issues - Steam, torrents

Hello

Since a few days, without any changes in setup, I have problems with, I think, UDP connectivity.

After rebooting JNR3210, torrents and Steam client works for 30-60 minutes and then stop - Steam client connection is broken, I cannot connect to torrent trackers/peers - until the next reboot. In the meantime Steam/torrent connectivity works erratically for short periods of time. And again after reboot for 30-60 minutes everything is OK.

What is interesting, when problems start, accessing Advanced> Advanced Setup> Traffic Meter takes very long and in the end all presented values are zeroes. After restart, everything goes back to normal. I've tried cold reboot, but no success.

JNR3210's WAN is connected via Ethernet to wireless 5G transparent router, connecting me with provider's receiver.

What else can I try to fix this?

Model: JNR3210|N300 Gigabit USB Wireless Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
another_two
Aspirant

Re: UDP connectivity issues - Steam, torrents

OK, this was tricky - JNR3210 somehow started to mishandle DNS server provided dynamically by my ISP.

When I connected a laptop directly to provider's router - everything was OK.

The solution was to provide static DNS servers in JNR's Internet config instead of using automatically the ones provided by the ISP.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
another_two
Aspirant

Re: UDP connectivity issues - Steam, torrents

OK, this was tricky - JNR3210 somehow started to mishandle DNS server provided dynamically by my ISP.

When I connected a laptop directly to provider's router - everything was OK.

The solution was to provide static DNS servers in JNR's Internet config instead of using automatically the ones provided by the ISP.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7