× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB controller software download where???????

Zeb_Mac
Aspirant

USB controller software download where???????

Okay I have a stone age router but still will nog change it because you might think is out of date.

The problem I have is to find the USB controller software that is impossible to fuind for PC on netgear site.

My router is a Genie R6220 and I MUST be able to connect a printer to the USB port but you obviously need this controller usb software that cannot be found anywhere.

Why does netgear hide the software up it is ass when you need it?

I am pretty angruy at netgear for their download site that does not connect or find anything.

Anyone PLEASE HELP, where can I download the USB controller software for PC Windows 10??????

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: USB controller software download where???????

There is a think called search where you can pull up information regarding what your looking for:

https://www.netgear.com/search/?col=10&f.category.size=100&f.document_type.size=100&f.live_price.ran...

Message 2 of 5

@Zeb_Mac wrote:

My router is a Genie R6220 and I MUST be able to connect a printer to the USB port but you obviously need this controller usb software that cannot be found anywhere.

Try searching for something more recent. For example:

Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

or

Nighthawk X4S R7800 | AC2600 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

The software isn't device specific.

This also seems to work:

Search Results: Readyshare Printer – Readyshare Printer

and

ReadySHARE USB Printer | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The problem I have is to find the USB controller software that is impossible to fuind for PC on netgear site.

Not quite true.

Seems to be all over the place. Pity they left your router out of the pack.

Message 3 of 5
Zeb_Mac
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for your links. Yes i have tried the USB printer controler, does not work. All I get is shown here below. Cannot use that because it does nothing. Not even possible to press buttons the menu says nothing, no options. So it seems impossible to use that.

Zeb_Mac_0-1678823403622.png

Ready share does not work and is not possible to download either. It only works for USB storage. The router page for USB printer connects to a bad site.

Also no possibility to contact Netgear for support on it, seems to be junk they sell nowadays making connecting a network printer that hard.

And no my printer is not wireless it only has a USB connection.

Thank you anyway friend!

Message 4 of 5

@Zeb_Mac wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your links. Yes i have tried the USB printer controler, does not work.

What do you mean by "does not work"? There are many many ways in which things don't work.

And thanks for pointing out that you were wrong to say that you had not found anything. (You are free to rant all you like about Netgear, we do it all the time here, but if you want help stick to the facts.)

The issue is not "the USB printer controller", but the interaction between the printer's drivers, where it all starts, and your router.

I wonder if the problem is not that you can't find the software,  but that you have problem getting it to work.

So let's overlook your previous message and try to get you back in business.

Your image doesn't help much. Who knows what you are doing to get there?

Also no possibility to contact Netgear for support on it, seems to be junk they sell nowadays making connecting a network printer that hard.

Unfortunately, you are in the world of consumer electronics. Lifetime support in the ever changing world of Windows, for example, is not realistic. Do any brands promise to keep you up and running in perpetuity?

The R6220, one of Netgear's cheapest and least capable routers, dates back to 2016.

We have no idea what this anonymous printer may be. Have you thought of asking them for help?

Microsoft could also be in your sights.

This is a complex environment, where everyone has to be on the case.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7