× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to AC1200/EX6120 WiFi extender

SueWei
Aspirant

Unable to connect to AC1200/EX6120 WiFi extender

Hello All,<br><br>I have recently configured my extender as I have changed to a new router. The extender seems to indicate that it is connected to the router however none of my devices are able to connect to the extender with the same password as my router as advised on the instruction manual. Our devices keep showing incorrect passwords. I have seen someone posted the same problem and managed to solve it by connecting to web browser to access the WiFi extender network. how do I do that??? All it shows is you are not connected to WiFi extender network.
Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to connect to AC1200/EX6120 WiFi extender

did you set it up using wps or using the installation wizard? 

If you used wps, I'd recommend factory resetting the extender and reinstalling using the installation assistant. 

Message 2 of 4
SueWei
Aspirant

Yes I have connected via wps. I have also reset the extender to factory setting before configuring. Sorry to ask but I have no idea how to install using installation assistant or web browser. How do I connect to the WiFi extender network when I can’t even get my device to connect to the extender?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try factory resetting again. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the device is powered on. 

Then try following the assistant. 

How to Setup your WiFi Range Extender with NETGEAR Installation Assistant - YouTube

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7