× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Used device bought on Amazon registered to another Email

eddy10957
Follower

Used device bought on Amazon registered to another Email

Hi i just bought this used router/access point on Amazon  (WAC 124), wanted to register it in my account in order to have the full control of my device and set up it, but unluckly I can't because it's registered to another account  so what to do ? how to register to my email now? How is it possible that there isn't a way  to do this autonomously?

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Used device bought on Amazon registered to another Email

You can try emailing the contact in the registration FAQ

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 9

As @plemans suggests, try this:

But be warned that registration is essentially for free setup support during the 90-day window after purchase, and for warranty to cover hardware failure in the first year (longer in some countries). Neither of those carries over to second-hand hardware.

There is also the process of registering an account and a device to use the mynetgear cloud service for things like Anywhere Access. But that is a different process.

Message 3 of 9
TheRealkNoCKs
Aspirant

I have the same problem. let me know if you got it fixed

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

Why don't you juse do a hard reset on the access point and it will go back to factory default. No need to register it to make it work. Press the reset button for 30 seconds, not sure of that model but you might need a paper clip to press the reset button for 30 seconds. 

Message 5 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

On top of that once you reset it it will ask you some questions for your security (i.e. what's the name of your oldest sister or youngest sister, something to that effect), and then you'll be able to change any settings on the router.

Message 6 of 9
TheRealkNoCKs
Aspirant

Negative, I just did all that. I just bought it from Amazon, I can't put on geo locate or bandwidth moderator with this serial number being on another account.
Message 7 of 9

@TheRealkNoCKs wrote:
Negative, I just did all that. I just bought it from Amazon, I can't put on geo locate or bandwidth moderator with this serial number being on another account.

This is an old and long runnig saga. There used to be regular messages about stuff from Amazon.

Try this:

You have a couple of options, try to find a local contact number (it may be well hidden) or send a private message to one of the Netgear moderators here.

If you are lucky, maybe @ChristineT will step in.

They may ask you to send them a serial number and the email address you have registered with MyNetgear.

Message 8 of 9

@wcalifas wrote:

Why don't you juse do a hard reset on the access point and it will go back to factory default. No need to register it to make it work. Press the reset button for 30 seconds, not sure of that model but you might need a paper clip to press the reset button for 30 seconds. 

Unfortunately, while that clears previous settings it does not break the link between the serial number and things like the cloud registration used for Anywhere Access, for example.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7