× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2500RPv2 as an access point

WATCH_IT_BUSTER
Aspirant

WN2500RPv2 as an access point

I have been using this product as a WIFI extender for years without any issues.

At a new location I set this unit up as an access point instead of a WIFI extender. 

I did a factory reset then followed the directions to create an access point (CAT 6 cable).

No problems and the access point seems to be working as advertised but the power light remains orange. It never turns green. Wireless devices can connect to the access point and get to the internet so there really is not an issue except the power light. The documentation indicates that when the power light is orange it is booting up. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: WN2500RPv2 as an access point

I'm not sure about your device, but on a lot of recent routers & co orange indicates a 100 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

I'm not sure about your device, but on a lot of recent routers & co orange indicates a 100 Mbps instead of 1 Gbps connection.
Message 2 of 4

@microchip8 wrote:

The data sheet and manual for the WN2500RPv2  say that its has "fast ethernet". That is 100 Mbps.

But that does not explain the power LED. That could be down to problems with the power adapter.

This thing dates from 2016, with its V1 release in 2012.

Regardless of any  claims it makes for WiFi speed (up to 600 Mbps?), it won't connect devices to the Internet at anything above 100 Mbps.

Message 3 of 4
WATCH_IT_BUSTER
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice.

I think I will ignore the light for now as I am using this for cell phone internet access and my phone is not 5G.

Once I get a 5G phone I think it will be time for a new access point.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7