× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400v3 Access Control

maniacmusicman1
Aspirant

WNDR3400v3 Access Control

A neighbor's wireless mac address attached itself to my access control and I cannot delete it.  I have blocked the mac, but it remains taking up a static ip address.  This router is very frustrating.  I tried to edit and cannot change the entry either.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of this thing?  The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset, although this would be a nightmare because I have over 20 attached devices.  If I need to reset this, I will go and buy a different brand.  In addition, I have other unresolved dns issues where I need to reset the modem and router that I have a previous community entry.  Any constructive help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Re: WNDR3400v3 Access Control

@maniacmusicman1 wrote:

A neighbor's wireless mac address attached itself to my access control and I cannot delete it. 

Can you explain what is going on? That description is hard to follow.

Are you sure it is the neighbours rather than something else on your network? It isn't always easy to tell.

The mac address doesn't "attach itself" to anything. Their wifi devices might, though. That's what has the mac address.

The neighbours can't connect to your wifi if they don't know the SSID and its associated passwords. Have you tried changing those?

... it remains taking up a static ip address. 

Your router hands out IP addresses to stuff that connects to it. Remove the connection and the IP address foes away.

Again, change the SSID and password and other things won't be able to connect.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Check the section in the manual Basic Wireless Settings.

You could also look at the section Allow guest to access My Local Network

I tried to edit and cannot change the entry either. 

Which "entry" do you want to edit?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7