× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400v3 (N600 Router) can't recognize any printers on Readyshare

tryingtolearn2
Aspirant

WNDR3400v3 (N600 Router) can't recognize any printers on Readyshare

Hi, first time posting! I just bought a N600 Router (WNDR3400v3) and am having difficulty with ReadyShare.

- I have been able to successfully connect an external to the router and I can access it through my computer!

- However, both printers that I have tried connect have not been recognized. They are a HP1006 and a Brother DCP 7040. On the routerlogin.net and on the Netgear Genie app, both say that there is no USB connected under the ReadyShare section. When I open Netgear USB Control Center, I don't see any printer listed.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that BOTH printers are incompatible with this router?

Thank you!

Davis

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3400v3 (N600 Router) can't recognize any printers on Readyshare

I apologize, I mistakenly thought you have WNDR4xxx

The WNDR3400 does not support ReadyShare Print.

See this article for more information. Supported routers are listed on the right hand side of the article.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @tryingtolearn2

Welcome to the community!

Try to turn off any firewall on your computer.

Check as well that your network sharing is enabled.

Also make sure that you are able to print if you connect your printer directly to your computer.

Message 2 of 4
tryingtolearn2
Aspirant

Thank you very much, ElaineM! I have been able to print directly to the printer without difficulty. Turning off the firewall doesn't seem to help unfortunately, and the ReadyShare section status says: "No USB drive" regardless whether I use my computer or other computers on the network (with and without firewalls turned on.) Do you know if the fact that I have Windows 10 and am in a "homegroup" is complicating matters?

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I apologize, I mistakenly thought you have WNDR4xxx

The WNDR3400 does not support ReadyShare Print.

See this article for more information. Supported routers are listed on the right hand side of the article.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7