× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400v3 - wireless does not work

mikigolf
Aspirant

WNDR3400v3 - wireless does not work

Bought in August 2015.    Now after 90 days   Was working fine until two days ago.

It works when I hook up the ethernet cable so it is not the internet connection.

I tried going into control panel and setting up but without the wire it does not find the router.

I do not have a modem, but rather a DSL line from ATT.   

I went on the website and it apperas that all of the settings are correct.

I take my laptop around the house so really need the wireless

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3400v3 - wireless does not work

@mikigolf Were you able to update the driver of your computer?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11

All Replies
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @mikigolf,

I have responded to your post in the other discussion:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/N600-WNDR-3400-will-Not-Connect/m-p/1007319#M806...

Thank you

Message 2 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

It appears that problem may be with the PC network adaptor.      I checked device manager and Realtec is yellow.   Download a new drive but not sure it it installed.     I get the following message

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver netrtwlane.inf_amd64_0c38440cd4a5a694\netrtwlane.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8723&SUBSYS_072410EC&REV_00\4&2EEAE01&0&00E1 with the following status: 0x17.

Also  

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

I did a system restore back to Nov 14 but this did not work.  

I can connect wirelessly with my ipad and all the lights on the router are working.    I also checked the airplane mode to verify it was not turned on.

Perhaps, I may need to take my computer in for service.  

Message 3 of 11

The PC network adaptor deals with the LAN (wired) connection. Something else usually handles the wifi. Or is this network adaptor the wifi card in your PC?

One way to deal with driver issues is to remove all of the drivers in Device Manager, reboot the PC and let it find the drivers afresh.

Another option, have you visited the motherboard maker's website for new "chipset" drivers. These don't always show up in Windows update.

Then again, I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve.

The PC's wifi behaviour, and its drivers, will have no effect on the interaction between the WNDR3400 and a laptop.

Can you get at the web interface for the WNDR3400v3 using the LAN? If so, that should let you get into the WNDR3400 so that you can investigate the wifi settings.

Message 4 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

In device manager, there are two adapters one for LAN and one for wireless. The wireless indicator is yellow.    I tried a download but this did not help.      Genie indicates there is a problem with the wireless.    .

I can connect with an ethernet cable but can not see the wireless networknor can I wirelessly connect.    My Ipad works with the wireless. 

I did go into router log in.    The wireless setting appear to be correct. 

I can only sumise that the problem is with the adapter.    

Motherboard-Excuse my ignorance, but I have Intel Core I7 on a Toshibal Laptop S855.  

Should I go to this website.   

Message 5 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

Issues found      iT APPEARS THAT I MUST UNINSTALL THE DRIVER AND REINSTALL.   THE DOWNLOAD DI D NOT WORK.   I WILL HAVE TO GO TO INTEL?
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Reinstall device driver
Completed
Detected
Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes
Completed
Potential issues that were checked
Issue not present

Issues found
Detection details
Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC has a driver problem
Not fixed
Not Fixed
There is a problem with the driver for Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Informational
Device information
Name: ID: Error code:
Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8723&SUBSYS_072410EC&REV_00\4&2EEAE01&0&00E1
Reinstall device driver
Completed
There is a problem with the driver for Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.
Hardware changes might not have been detected
Detected
Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes
Completed
Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.
Potential issues that were checked
Detection details
 Windows Update configured to never install drivers
Issue not present

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

Detection details
Message 6 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mikigolf Were you able to update the driver of your computer?

Message 7 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

I will next try deleting the driver.    Also,  I have another computer that shows connected to netgear but I cannot connect to the internet.   Microsoft indicates that another computer is using the same IP address.     How do I change the IP address for that compter

Message 8 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

Did not work.    Will have to delete the driver if you think that deletion will work.   Upgrade does not work

Message 9 of 11
mikigolf
Aspirant

Decided to go to web and search for my Realtek driver.   Found it and downloaded the new driver, which fixed the driver problem.  Then I was able to see the wireless network.   

Still could not connect, but removed access control and went into genie.   Finally able to connect.

Thanks for all your help.      After 35 years, sometimes I manage to find a solution

Would still like to set up my other computer.      It works outside of my home but I can not connect to the internet without the wire.    

Message 10 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update!

Good to hear that you're connected now.

Have a great day!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos