× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700 and NON-2015-0211

suchfix
Aspirant

WNDR3700 and NON-2015-0211

Hi, I have a

NETGEAR Router WNDR3700, Firmware: v1.0.16.98, GUI v1.0.0.64

AVASt virenscanner is warning about a NON-2015-0211 problem and ask me for updating the router firmware. But the last firmware ist the version v1.0.16.98 and allready installed. Is this a serious problem or ist there a workaround for me to fix this problem? 

Maybe there is somebody with an idea?

Thank you,

suchfix

Model: WNDR3700|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR3700 and NON-2015-0211

Welcome to the community, @suchflix

Unfortunately, this model has been considered EOL and there will be no future firmware updates to be released.

As a suggestion, upgrade your router. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @suchflix

Unfortunately, this model has been considered EOL and there will be no future firmware updates to be released.

As a suggestion, upgrade your router. 

Message 2 of 4
suchfix
Aspirant

Thank you for your message!!!!  The Router was not so cheap so I don`t like to put the router into trash. Is the problem maybe with an open firmware like dd-wrt solved? I don`t know anything about this firmware but I read in some blocks that people installed it and after that they were happy. But the blocks are old, so I found no text dealing with open firmware and the NON-2015-0211 problem... Any idea?

Bye, suchfix 

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The vulnerability can only be launched once the attacker is inside your network.

To prevent the attack, block unauthorized access to your network.  By default NETGEAR routers are pre-configured with random SSID and passphrase.  

It is recommended to change the SSID and passphrase, as well as administrator password to the router setup GUI page. 

Using opensource firmware may help you but it's not recommended by NETGEAR. It's up to your discretion should you choose to load 3rd-party firmware. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7