× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700v3 Setup Guide

rumblecat
Initiate

WNDR3700v3 Setup Guide

Can anyone point me to the correct setup instructions for WNDR3700v3? Netgear website links to Nighthawk app but the WNDR3700v3 is not listed as Nighthawk compatible. Nighthawk fails to connect to the modem as well even though I can see the wireless signal.

I basically just want to connect to wireless using this product. Other Netgear documentation directs me to enter the SSID printed on the product label .. there is nothing on the label that mentions SSID so I cannot connect to wireless. Is there not an easy step by step guide?

Model: WNDR3700v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WNDR3700v3 Setup Guide

You can set it up using the browser. The manual has the setup using the browser. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3700v3.aspx

the browser is usually how I prefer to setup routers anyway. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can set it up using the browser. The manual has the setup using the browser. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3700v3.aspx

the browser is usually how I prefer to setup routers anyway. 

Message 2 of 3
rumblecat
Initiate

Thanks!

Looks as if I just need to follow page 2 of the installation guide using my laptop (no cd drive).

Was expecting I could access wireless using a default login then configure from there, but it does appear the router must be configured via a wired connection first.

And yes, I agree apps and wizards suck. Even if they work you never know what settings are being adjusted or required if you need to troubleshoot or fix anything. About half the time they fail outright and don't give any useful information on the failure.

Model: WNDR3700v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7