× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WNDR3700v4 traffic meter problem

GGill
Aspirant

WNDR3700v4 traffic meter problem

WNDR3700v4 firmware V1.0.1.32

I've used this router since mid-January with no issues, it's been great.

At midnight (29-Mar-2013 00:00) internet connection dropped though I could still use the LAN. No problem in my cable modem, problem definitely in the router. I reset the router to factory defaults and it worked fine, so I've re-built my custom setup step by step and turns out the traffic meter is the problem.

Thing is traffic meter was working fine and reporting believable usage numbers up until now. I had it set to zero out on 1st day of the month at 00:00, but there's something it doesn't like about daylight savings time, or Feb. having 28 days, or.... It's reporting the following on traffic meter screen:

Start Date/Time: Thursday,28 Feb 2013 11:00 PM
Current Date/Time: Friday,29 Mar 2013 08:38 PM

My guess is it's counting from 28-Feb at 11pm instead of 1-Mar at 00:00 because of the change to daylight savings time early March. (My time zone is GMT-5.) Opening the Traffic Status window reports a Counting Period of 29 / 28 days. I think it's getting confused about month ends perhaps because its current start time is in Feb. and I have a rule to restart on 1st of month. Seems like it thinks it's still in Feb.

Anyway, traffic meter switched off for now and everything is working fine. I'll switch it on again April 1st and see what happens at month end.
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Tank_Killer
Tutor

try setting a value other than 00:00. I had issues on my v1 with the traffic meter and resolved them by having the reset at 01:00. you might try something similar.

also make sure your router reports the correct date/time

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Tank_Killer
Tutor

try setting a value other than 00:00. I had issues on my v1 with the traffic meter and resolved them by having the reset at 01:00. you might try something similar.

also make sure your router reports the correct date/time
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7