× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 How do I know what network to connect to? Netgear34 or Netgear34-5g?

DryHeat97
Aspirant

WNDR4300 How do I know what network to connect to? Netgear34 or Netgear34-5g?

Hello, please forgive me if I don't understand technical talk. I am technical enough to understand layman terms and not a complete beginner in understanding the basics of my router. A couple questions: 1) Can I rename both my Netgear34 and my Netgear34-5g the same name? I had them both named the same before but when I did a reset it seems to caused trouble. 2) If so please what could I be doing wrong?  3) If not how do I know which network to hook up my devices to? Netgear34 or Netgear34-5g?  I have various device from laptop, ipad, direct tv. When I could pick the one name on the network I had previously I didn't have to worry about it. But now I have 2 choices and that confused me. Again if you could speak in layman terms it would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: WNDR4300 How do I know what network to connect to? Netgear34 or Netgear34-5g?

5G = 5 GHz wifi. The other one is 2.4 GHz.

@DryHeat97 wrote:

Can I rename both my Netgear34 and my Netgear34-5g the same name?

Yes.

There is a manual for the WNDR4300 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> WNDR4300 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Start at page 29. You need to change the SSIDs. And you could give them passwords that are easier to remember!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

Re: WNDR4300 How do I know what network to connect to? Netgear34 or Netgear34-5g?

5G = 5 GHz wifi. The other one is 2.4 GHz.

@DryHeat97 wrote:

Can I rename both my Netgear34 and my Netgear34-5g the same name?

Yes.

There is a manual for the WNDR4300 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> WNDR4300 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Start at page 29. You need to change the SSIDs. And you could give them passwords that are easier to remember!

Message 2 of 3
DryHeat97
Aspirant

Thank you. I tried it again and it worked this time. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7