× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Where is parental controls / domain blocking?

Petomai2
Tutor

Where is parental controls / domain blocking?

I am trying to find domain blocking or parental controls, or IP address blocking. I can't find this in my R6230 it seems to be hidden. I found Site blocking but that doesn't block HTTPS secure websites which every site is these days. Thank you. 

Router Firmware Version
V1.1.0.110_1.0.1

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Petomai2,

I understand you like to find more information about site blocking with a utility like parental controls on your R6230. The good news is the R6230 supports Parental Controls. I have included instructions below on how to successfully set up Parental Controls.

To set up Parental Controls:

1. Connect your mobile device to your router’s WiFi network.

2. Launch the app store on your mobile device and download the NETGEAR genie app.

3. Launch the NETGEAR genie app. The dashboard displays.

4. Tap Parental Controls. The Parental Controls page displays.

For additional information please see :

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6230/R6230_UM_EN.pdf?_ga=2.22209723.1263242673.16394440...

Please let me know if this helps! (this may help out others in the community)

Best,

Kevin

Message 2 of 4

@KevinLiT wrote:

Hello Petomai2,

I understand you like to find more information about site blocking with a utility like parental controls on your R6230. The good news is the R6230 supports Parental Controls. 

Yes, but which type of parental controls?

It is some time since Netgear announced that it has withdrawn the free version of parental contols.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Live Parental Control service based on OpenDNS will no longer be supported on NETGEAR devices as of December 31, 2021 due to challenges in maintaining the product and low usage. Effective April 1st, 2021 NETGEAR will remove support for Live Parental Controls from the NETEGAR genie app and from updated versions of their firmware.

Message 3 of 4
Petomai2
Tutor

Thank you but I don't have a mobile device. I would like to set this up inside the router. I can navigate to 192.168.1.1 but can't find the parental controls. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7