× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Mesh Extender AC1750

Trishy
Aspirant

Wifi Mesh Extender AC1750

I have just installed this extender.  It would not connect automaticall to my router using the WPS method and subsequently I installed the Nighthawk app on my phone and set up that way.  I don't know though that it is working.  How do I tell?  And it appeared to connect at 2.4GHz and my router supports 5GHz.  How do I change and do I need to change? 

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 5

Re: Wifi Mesh Extender AC1750

@Trishy wrote:

I have just installed this extender. 

Which extender?

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number. Extenders are usually something like EX6XXX.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Like @michaelkenward says, what actual model do you have? 

Some are mesh devices and they don't broadcast a seperate ssid unless you disable "onessid" function. 

Message 3 of 5
Trishy
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Can you provide me with further information?

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

You have the EX6250?

If so, its a mesh router. meaning if you set it up using the "onewifi" function it'll have the same name as your router. 

That allows your devices (phones, tablets, etc) to roam between the router/extender based off their own roaming protocol. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000044732/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-One-WiFi-Name-on-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-WiFi-...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7