× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

android to readyshare sync

LexLuthor
Aspirant

android to readyshare sync

I have been using an android phone with the app called soled explorer to wirelessly transfer my music, vids, ect to my readyshare that is a 2Tb usb drive and is working greatly. 

Now for the fun part.

Is there or or have been any information about an app to use or a method to sync all of my files from my android to the readyshare like the readyvault for pc's?

I cannot use readycloud because apparently the service is no longer there or I cannot get it figured out.

Thank you for your time and concern.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
LexLuthor
Aspirant

Re: android to readyshare sync

Hello shadowgear,

thank you you for replying.  I don't have a computer to use when I set up the netgear router and used the external hard drive.  I use my phone for other items instead of music.  I also have many PDF files and other non music items such as PDFs, documents, spreadsheet, and videos that I also store on my phone.  I use the external hard drive in conjunction with my smart tv as a media server to watch videos and listen to music.  I just want to see if there is an app or a method to use to copy all of the files that I want to sync to my external drive.  Googles system is good, but I don't that they'll be able to hold 256Gb  since their free account is only 5Gb.

ill keep looking.  Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

Greetings,

The way you are going about this is a bit kludgy. Don't try and do this from your phone.

Connect the drive to a PC or MAC

Download and install the Google Music Manager

Download your library and save it to the external drive

Now connect that to your router

Map that drive in your computer

When you make a purchase, (regardless of where) it will go to the cloud, and in turn to any device or drive you connect your library or Music Manager to.  (Up to 5 devices last I checked).

Message 2 of 3
LexLuthor
Aspirant

Hello shadowgear,

thank you you for replying.  I don't have a computer to use when I set up the netgear router and used the external hard drive.  I use my phone for other items instead of music.  I also have many PDF files and other non music items such as PDFs, documents, spreadsheet, and videos that I also store on my phone.  I use the external hard drive in conjunction with my smart tv as a media server to watch videos and listen to music.  I just want to see if there is an app or a method to use to copy all of the files that I want to sync to my external drive.  Googles system is good, but I don't that they'll be able to hold 256Gb  since their free account is only 5Gb.

ill keep looking.  Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7