× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

comcast sped question

corvairbob
Tutor

comcast sped question

say does anyone happen to know how comcast or even other cable compains manage to throttle your modems? i had 100mbps and then i had to lower my bill so what they did was set me up into the same expact plan i had but under a new starter package. so then after they reset my modem it came back at 25 mbps. now for what i do this is fast enought as that is what i had a few years ago and they kept giving me more speed. but it has to be some program they send to the modem the must flash it into the speeds they want you to have.

i have a backup of the settings but i do not want to just restore that just yet if it will not do any good. jsut wondering if anyone happens to know if it is jsut the setting they change or is it a reflash they send out? if it would have been on ther end in there computer i'm not thinking they would have sent the signal to restart my modem.  thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: comcast sped question

Its how they provision your modem. Its not user controllable. Its also why modems and modem/router combo devices have their firmware controlled by the isp. So people can't modify it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Its how they provision your modem. Its not user controllable. Its also why modems and modem/router combo devices have their firmware controlled by the isp. So people can't modify it. 

Message 2 of 3
corvairbob
Tutor

ok that makes sence. i was just wondering. thanks for that information. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7