× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

every day my ex6200 disappears

smintz
Aspirant

every day my ex6200 disappears

I have an R6300v2 (terrible) router and an A6200 adaptor wint an EX6200 extender in  between.

whenever it feels like it, the EX6200 drops out and leaves the router as my connection.

I cannot find the extender in devices or connections anywhere and I always have trouble opening the netgear genie

Even if I try to open the .exe it will not open.

How can I get it to recognize the extender and keep it?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
smintz
Aspirant

Re: every day my ex6200 disappears

Found problem. After 4 cox service calls. Not one did correct install. Finally got someone who knew how to configure. All other service people had wrong band and channel and directed traffic to the 2.4 band. Now connected to router. Do not even need extender. Not wonderful but getting about 240Mbps down instead of 40

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @smintz,

1. Does the issue happen to all wireless devices?

2. How far is the device (using the A6200) from the EX6200?

3. Is the device (using A6200) getting a good signal from the EX6200?

4. What is the operating system of the device experiencing the issue with the NETGEAR Genie?

5. Have you tried using the NETGEAR Genie with another device (another computer, smartphone,tablet)?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
smintz
Aspirant

1. Does the issue happen to all wireless devices? 

No, Phones keep connection, but speed is unknown. Printer requires reboot every time.

2. How far is the device (using the A6200) from the EX6200?

EX6200 2 rooms from R6300v2(router)   1 room from PC

3. Is the device (using A6200) getting a good signal from the EX6200?

Yes

4. What is the operating system of the device experiencing the issue with the NETGEAR Genie?
             Win10

5. Have you tried using the NETGEAR Genie with another device (another computer, smartphone,tablet)?

Netgear genie shows connected to EX6200, but speed ranges from 40Mbps to 140(seldom)

Every day I require either a manual disconnect when it shows as "connected" to get back a passable connectoion, or "connect" due to no connection.

My old dlink router Never lost a connection, the netgears are continuously dropping off

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @smintz,

1. Have you tried re-installing the drivers for the A6200 adapter?

2. Did you upgrade the computer from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10?

3. Does the disconnection issue occur on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
smintz
Aspirant

Found problem. After 4 cox service calls. Not one did correct install. Finally got someone who knew how to configure. All other service people had wrong band and channel and directed traffic to the 2.4 band. Now connected to router. Do not even need extender. Not wonderful but getting about 240Mbps down instead of 40
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7