× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

firnware

ddspike
Aspirant

firnware

went to websight downloaded update for firmware kicks out my internet

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 18
plemans
Guru

Re: firnware

You didn't give us much info. 

You were at the support site? 

Were you trying to download?

did you try different browser's or pc?

"kicks out your internet" in terms of what? Wifi quits broadcasting? wired devices disconnect? the router reboots? What actually happens? Kicks out my internet tell us nothing

Message 2 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

have it reset button and unplugednetgear more then once to get it back no wifi conection has to be reconect thru service talked to netgear tech they  say need virus program that they sell which is not true.useing windows 10 ie should not be kicking out my wiki. meaning your rotor will not conect as everything  is good to my netgear r6400 but it stops there so it is with netgear i have problems with not my internet service. third time i have responded to quistions no response on any of them expect to hear something this time.trying to down load latest firmawear form netgear  site useing genie. only pc. nothiing hard wired anything wireless will not connect need  to reboot more then once to get it back. have pushed resrt button and un plugged it.what more do you need sent site i  was using for download and what i was dowloading in note before

Message 3 of 18
antinode
Guru

Let's eat kids.
      Let's eat, kids.
      Punctuation saves lives.

Capitalization is helpful, too.

> [...] talked to netgear tech they say need virus program that they
sell which is not true. [...]

Probably not Netgear.  How, exactly, did you contact that "netgear
tech"?  Web search for a scam phone number?
http://support.netgear.com/ ?

> [...] what more do you need[?]

A clear (readable) description of your equipment, what you're doing,
and what happens when you do it might be a good start.

Message 4 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

netgear website and yes it was netgear

Message 5 of 18
antinode
Guru

> netgear website and yes it was netgear

_Which_ "netgear website"?

> [...] yes it was netgear"

"it"?  Says who?

Have you considered providing some useful information in a readable
form?

Message 6 of 18

@ddspike wrote:

netgear website and yes it was netgear

Not if they tried to sell you AV software.

Just because a site has Netgear logos on it, does not mean that it was Netgear.

You may have heard of scams, where crooks set up fake sites that look like a real bank. Believe it or not, crooks do the same thing with other stuff: they set up fake support sites to try to get you to give them money.

Message 7 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

yes i know  what do you have to say about your firmware kicking out my wifi this was from a site you told me to go to

Message 8 of 18
antinode
Guru

> yes i know [...]

You "know" _what_?

> [...] what do you have to say about your firmware kicking out my
> wifi [...]

Whatever it is, it's not _my_ firmware.  I don't know what "kicking
out my wifi" means.

> [...] this was from a site you told me to go to

Where, exactly, did _I_ tell you to go?

> _Which_ "netgear website"?

Still a mystery.

> Have you considered providing some useful information in a readable
> form?

Apparently not.  You've wasted enough of my time.

Message 9 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

Message 10 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

kick out means wireless good to netgear but will not connect to any device  says i am in airplane mode which i am not have to re set netgear to get back on internet

Message 11 of 18

@ddspike wrote:

kick out means wireless good to netgear

This is like getting blood out of a stone.

What does "wireless good to netgear" mean to you?

@ddspike wrote:

... will not connect to any device  says i am in airplane mode which i am not

I assume "netgear" is your router. It works the other way round. Devices connect to the router.

What says you are "in airplane mode"? That's not something your R6400 router will know about and report.

What does this mean?

@ddspike wrote:

....have to re set netgear to get back on internet

Start from the beginning.

What are you doing?

Where does it go wrong?

Do you see any error messages?

What do the LEDs on your R6400 look like when this happens.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 12 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

ok  i said it back wards when in try to down load firmware  all devices no longer conect to netgear my rutor have to reset rutor to get conected again and no update, and i feel the same way  my lap top says it is in airplane mode when it is not when i try to download updata for firmware so that it will not connect to rutor which is netgear r6400

Message 13 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

also  get download from this site under downloads

Message 14 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

isaid the firmware dowload puts my computer into airplane mode not the router what ejse to you need i told you were i got the down load from sent you pitcures of the steps waiting for a reply

Message 15 of 18

@ddspike wrote:

the firmware dowload puts my computer into airplane mode

That is just plain nonsense.

@ddspike wrote:

what ejse to you need i told you were i got the down load from sent you pitcures of the steps waiting for a reply

I give up. I understand next to nothing in that message, so I can't reply to most of it.

Your inability to write clear descriptions of what is happening at your end and failure to answer questions means that we are going round in circles.

Message 16 of 18
ddspike
Aspirant

what is not clear i go to netgear community the site i am on now try and download updated firmware to my lap top useing windows 10 while downloading puts my computer in to airplane mode have no conection to  router with any device only way to clear it up i have to reset my router r6400. i think you do not know what to do as the download is a spam and you want me to buy something from you prove me wrong and give me an answer instead of exuses. any body with any knowlage would be able to get what i am saying with all the texts sent

Message 17 of 18

I'm sorry but this semi-literate crash of words gets us no further.

• We have explained to you where to get the firmware.
  • We have told you that installing the official firmware will not ask you to buy anything

R6400 Firmware Version 1.0.1.72 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you follow the instructions and see any strange messages, then there is something wrong with your laptop. The infection may be there. It is not in the firmware.

We are going around in circles. If you do not understand what you are told, and cannot explain what is happening it in coherent messages, that is your problem.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7