× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

genie app

jb83
Aspirant

genie app

so I was using the genie app to turn off certain devices that was on my network. the app would freeze. then when I tried it a second time I lost all internet connection to my whole network. now my router cant be found by pinging or the genie app. I've factory reset it. sat on the phone with the **bleep**in idiots from netgear who are the dumbest people I've ever spoke with. someone please help. I've had enough next step is to break this piece of **bleep**
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

Re: genie app

@jb83 wrote:
and I can access it through direct plug in with the ethernet cable. and that works fine

What does that mean?

Access what? Ethernet cable from what to what?

Do you mean that wired devices can connect to the internet through the router via the LAN ports?

@jb83 wrote:
.. .I turn on the wifi my ssid pops up but cannot connect to the internet

What does that mean? What "cannot connect to the internet"? And what happens when you try?

Remember, when you factory reset the router you wiped out any settings that you might have made, to the wifi password for example.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies

It sounds like you have been thrashing around blindly a bit. What do the LEDs on the R7000 show? Especially the Internet LED.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 2 of 10
jb83
Aspirant

I've tried that to no avail. my internet light is not lit at all but everything else is white.
Message 3 of 10
jb83
Aspirant

sorry the light is amber.. and I can plug my ethernet cable in my laptop and get internet but when I plug the ethernet back into the router. theres no internet connection
Message 4 of 10

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Check the bit Troubleshoot with the LEDs.

What modem sits in front of this thing?

In general, we know not much about your system and how you are accessing the router. The more you can tell people the better.

Message 5 of 10
jb83
Aspirant

I have a ubee modem from my ISP. that I bridged to use my own netgear router. i used the genie app from the android play store to shut off a device or pause the internet to it and it shut off the whole network and hasnt work since. I'm not to tech savvy. so im not exactly sure what the hell im doing
Message 6 of 10

An amber internet light tells us that the router is not connecting to the internet. And the rest of the LEDs?

As you have reset the router, have you been through the setup process again?

Can you access it through the browser interface? (See the manual.)

@jb83 wrote:
I have a ubee modem from my ISP. that I bridged to use my own netgear router.

That could mean anything. Ubee is a brand name not a model number.

You say you have "bridged" the modem. Does it have LAN ports on the back? In other words, is it a modem/router?

Message 7 of 10
jb83
Aspirant

yes it is a modem /router model # is dvw32cb . and all my other lights are lit up. I did a factory reset on the router thinking that would help but it hasnt.
Message 8 of 10
jb83
Aspirant

and I can access it through direct plug in with the ethernet cable. and that works fine but when I turn on the wifi my ssid pops up but cannot connect to the internet
Message 9 of 10

@jb83 wrote:
and I can access it through direct plug in with the ethernet cable. and that works fine

What does that mean?

Access what? Ethernet cable from what to what?

Do you mean that wired devices can connect to the internet through the router via the LAN ports?

@jb83 wrote:
.. .I turn on the wifi my ssid pops up but cannot connect to the internet

What does that mean? What "cannot connect to the internet"? And what happens when you try?

Remember, when you factory reset the router you wiped out any settings that you might have made, to the wifi password for example.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7