× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to disable auto renew of GearHead USA service contract

franksj
Follower

how to disable auto renew of GearHead USA service contract

Do you know how to disable the auto renew service subscription on mynetgear.com?  Thank you

6 months ago  I had power outage in my home area.  When the power outage was over, I check my phone and other WIFI decives but could not find any WIFI networks name.  I called Netgear support.  The Netgear suport person asked me a couple questions about how many of the LCD lights on the router were on.  He then told me I had to purchase a 3 month support contract for $39.99 in order for them to check.  After he took my credit card number and I signed the contract, another guy called me to turn on the router ON/OFF button.  My problem solved.  It turned out I did not turn the router on.  That is it.   It would be nice if the first guy told me what to try when I called.  I thought I got rid off for $39.99.

3 mohth after that I got a bill of $39.99 for auto renewal.  I did not enable the auto renew.  The Netgear support person set it up auto renew.  I called Netgear many times to cancel the auto renew they ignored it so I called my credit card company to dispute then Netgear agreed to refundf the $39.99.

Now I get another auto renew bill for $39.99.  I went to their website mynetgear.com trying to disable the auto renew but no where on the website to disable the auto renew subscripition.  The website has no support phone number.

To me, Netgear support is terrible.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
Peach562
Initiate

Re: how to disable auto renew of GearHead USA service contract

RIP OFF COMPANY. They make it impossible to cancel auto renewal for contract!!!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7