× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

negative number in "attached devices"

mitx
Aspirant

negative number in "attached devices"

Has anyone seen or have a suggestion on how to correct a negative number of devices in a WNR1000v3?  Firmware has been updated (version below)

Actual number of devices is 14 per list in detailed screen.  The summary screen shows "-27" as the number of devices count

I have restarted the router a number of times.

UPnP is turned on

I have a 6 devices setup as reserved addressed (Advanced; LAN setup)

Thanks for any advice or ideas.   Mike

Firmware Version
V1.0.2.68_60.0.93NA

Model: WNR1000v3|N150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mitx
Aspirant

Re: negative number in "attached devices"

Hard to say which three devices in the detailed list are not counted in the summary total.   And the number varies.

This might just be a bug showing up with certain configurations that netgear has never fixed.

The device appears to be working in all other ways

Thanks, Mike

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @mitx

Try to factory reset the router then reconfigure and see if you'll have the same list. 

Message 2 of 8
mitx
Aspirant

Hi ElaineM,

I have a lot of settings, if I use the save config and then restore config after a factory reset would that be a good approach to use?   

I would feel more comfortable with the save and restore to make sure I did not miss some setting.

Thanks, Mike

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@mitx wrote:

I have a lot of settings, if I use the save config and then restore config after a factory reset would that be a good approach to use?   

It would be easier, but it's not a good idea.  If the settings are corrupted somehow, then save/restore would restore the corruption too.

Though it's tedious, you can make screen shots of all the settings pages, and refer to them when you set up again.

Message 4 of 8
mitx
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Updates on my troubleshoting...

- I first tried doing a factory reset and then doing a restore of the saved configuration.  After some time the device count went negative.

- Next attempt was to do a factory reset and then manually reenter important settings.    I did this earlier today and the device count has not gone negative yet, however the device count (in the attached devices summary screen) does not match the actual number of devices found in the list.  

Basic - Attached Devices - Number of Devices (summary screen) shows "10"

I click on the Attached Devices screen and count 13 entries.   

Any ideas on why the count does not match?

Just checked firmware (V1.0.2.68_60.0.93NA) and the update screen says I have the latest.

Thanks, Mike

Model: WNR1000v3|N150 Wireless Router
Message 5 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What are the 3 devices?

It may be possible that it's just a software glitch. 

Message 6 of 8
mitx
Aspirant

Hard to say which three devices in the detailed list are not counted in the summary total.   And the number varies.

This might just be a bug showing up with certain configurations that netgear has never fixed.

The device appears to be working in all other ways

Thanks, Mike

Message 7 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's possible. 

If it's not very concerning then we can leave it as it is. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7