× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"This device is blocked by access control in the router."

plkldf
Initiate

"This device is blocked by access control in the router."

I have a Netgear router that has always worked fine.  Right now I have my W7 laptop  hooked up to it, along with various other wireless phones and pads.  I'm trying to add a repaired Toshiba laptop W8.  However, I don't have internet access -- only router access -- on the repaired W8 PC.  When I try to open IE, the only browser available at this point, I get this message:"This device is blocked by access control in the router."

I have a Network Map and it shows the new computer, and the new computer looks the same on the map as all the other devices -- oin the map, the connection looks good.  When I click on the new computer on the map, it says, "Connection type: auto." 

Wi-Fi Status says, "No Internet access."

Networks lists the networks and, next to mine, it says "Limited."

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plkldf
Initiate

Re: "This device is blocked by access control in the router."

Oops - OP here.  Looks like the URL that the computer provided was telling it to block access...?  Not sure.  I changed the URL to exclude block access!   Looks like I've at least gotten into Genie. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plkldf
Initiate

Re: "This device is blocked by access control in the router."

Oops - OP here.  Looks like the URL that the computer provided was telling it to block access...?  Not sure.  I changed the URL to exclude block access!   Looks like I've at least gotten into Genie. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7