× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6220 Router access issue

Adithya123
Aspirant

r6220 Router access issue

Hi All,

My router has been setup and internet works Via 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz.  But when I'm trying to access the router setting using 2.4ghz it does not open but when I use 5ghz it opens. (used 192.168.1.1).   I have tried this from mutiple devices. 

Firmware is the latest V1.1.0.68_1.0.1  I'm thinking this issue started after I have upgraded the firmware. 

Any suggession?

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Adithya123
Aspirant

Re: r6220 Router access issue

I had to do factory reset and configure the router manually again.  It works now.  Thanks a lot 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

@Adithya123 wrote:

But when I'm trying to access the router setting ....

Access the router setting with what?

@Adithya123 wrote:

Firmware is the latest V1.1.0.68_1.0.1  I'm thinking this issue started after I have upgraded the firmware. 

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 4
Adithya123
Aspirant

I had to do factory reset and configure the router manually again.  It works now.  Thanks a lot 

Message 3 of 4

Glad that the old trick worked.

Painful, I know, but always worth trying.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7