× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

?sloooooooooow wifi?

Asberry
Aspirant

?sloooooooooow wifi?

Netgear N600.  With ethernet wired downloading at 66 Mbps.  With wifi, downloading as follows:

Last Result:
Download Speed: 0.8 Mbps (0.1 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3.54 Mbps (0.44 MB/sec transfer rate)

10/8/2015, 8:41:50 PM

Immediately after resetting it spikes for a few seconds at 37 Mbps, then drops back to above snails pace.

Throw it away or have it replaced?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Asberry
Aspirant

Re: ?sloooooooooow wifi?

Recently moved about 80 miles and just got recconnected with same charter service, but new equipment.  At this point I have run the speed test about four times and am running consistently in the upper 30's Mbps.  Hopefully that will continue.  If not, I will be back asking questions again.  Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is the model number of the router e.g. WNDR3700?

Is it a router only i.e. no modem, or does it include a modem (DSL or Cable)?

Can you post details of the Wireless device, manufacturer / model number?

Have you tried temporarily disabling wireless encryption?

Do you have WMM enabled?

Does this issue appear at all wireless computers?

Message 2 of 5
Asberry
Aspirant

Recently moved about 80 miles and just got recconnected with same charter service, but new equipment.  At this point I have run the speed test about four times and am running consistently in the upper 30's Mbps.  Hopefully that will continue.  If not, I will be back asking questions again.  Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query.

Message 3 of 5
Asberry
Aspirant

So, I just followed the instructions for upgrading firmware.  I clicked the link.  When I click upload it tells me to add *chk to the file name.  I add it.  It gives same message.  I cannot change the name where it is filed to include *.  Are there any upgrades out there that are usable, or are they all bogus?

Message 4 of 5
doraemon
Prodigy

Did you download the correct firmware for your router model version?

There are different router model versions so you may want to double check on that.

The router model version can be located after the router model number.

If you don't see v2, v3 or whatsoever then your device is just simply version 1.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7