× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: switched computers, now router won't work, this device is blocked by access control in the route

kelley2100
Aspirant

switched computers, now router won't work, this device is blocked by access control in the router

Hello, I have had this wireless router for about three months and it worked fine. The main computer it was set up on is about 7 years old. I have a new computer which was added to the network without any problems, as well as several other devices. Today I decided it was time to start using the newer computer as the main one and so I switched them and hooked up the router and modem to the newer computer. Now I can't connect to the wireless router at all and get this message: "this device is blocked by access control in the router". How do I fix this or set up a new network using the newere computer as the main hub of the network? I'm using Windows 7 Professional. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: switched computers, now router won't work, this device is blocked by access control in the route

I would start over only because it's easier than guessing what you did at some point. Push reset until power led flashes and use defaults found on router label. Locate the manual and read it too to gain a better understanding.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I would start over only because it's easier than guessing what you did at some point. Push reset until power led flashes and use defaults found on router label. Locate the manual and read it too to gain a better understanding.

Message 2 of 3
kelley2100
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. Netgear Support gave me the same advice and it worked. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7