× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to enable VPN on R7000

mike
Follower

unable to enable VPN on R7000

I am trying to enable VPN on the router. Registered with no-ip.com for DDNS hostname and password. Followed the instruction to enable VPN:

I am using macair(M1) with macOS bigsur 11.4

(1) Turn on DDNS, with DDNS hostname, username and password (with no-ip.com)

(2) enabled VPN, downloaded for non-window config.

(3) download tunnelblick and imported the config file.

(4) logged into a different network and try to connect with VPN, got "timeout" error.

I also tried downloading "Smartphone" configuration with openVPN connect client, and still got no response error. 

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong, or there is another procedure for it?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: unable to enable VPN on R7000

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Router products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3

Re: unable to enable VPN on R7000

Another one bites the dust? Your question could have been answered here, but that offends some people.

If you do have the stamina to fight the system, it might to supply a bit more detail.

Which VPN are we talking about?

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

You've done a good job with most of those, but you never know what is missing. another one is the modem, if there is one.

The bad new is that Netgear seems to be less than quick off the market to get things to work with bigsur. (Nice place, by the way.) It also isnb't in a position to advise you on issues with that on your network. Ask Apple.

You could also check this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – VPN on R7000

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7