× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

very slow connection, new tablet says "connected" then "can't connect to internet"

KnutFan
Aspirant

very slow connection, new tablet says "connected" then "can't connect to internet"

I have a wndr600 v3 which I bought on Craigslist. this is my first time setting up a router. I managed to get a signal, get my macbook pro connected and find my way to the routerlogin.net website. It seemed to be connected there at a decent speed. When I went to other websites, the speed was horribly slow.

what to do, who to call?

then I turned on my brand new tablet and it fired up, connected to the internet via my wifi and then took me to a terms and conditions page, after that it said "can't connect to the internet"

I'm guessing somehow the speed is just so slow. Are there any settings I can change to make this a faster connection or did I just buy a **bleep**ty router?

thanks in advance

betsy

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KnutFan
Aspirant

Re: very slow connection, new tablet says "connected" then "can't connect to internet

I pay for 3 MBPS I think...

but I figured it out...I reset the router and it's all working great

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: very slow connection, new tablet says "connected" then "can't connect to internet

What are your internet speeds wired and wifi and what speed you pay for?

Message 2 of 3
KnutFan
Aspirant

I pay for 3 MBPS I think...

but I figured it out...I reset the router and it's all working great

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7