× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wax204 access control

dmschicago73
Follower

wax204 access control

When I bought the WAX204 I had assumed that I would be able to use MAC Filtering/Access control to limit the devices allowed to connect to my main LAN on SSID 1, but still allow other devices to access and use the internet on one of the other two SSIDs with isolation (as in a Guest Account), but I see that it is all or nothing (either All new are allowed on all SSIDS OR all new connections are not allowed). Is it possible that Netgear could change this through a firmware update?

Message 1 of 2

Re: wax204 access control

@dmschicago73 wrote:

When I bought the WAX204 ....

While many questions are generic and apply to most devices, in this case you are in the wrong place for several reasons. To begin with the WAX204 is a wireless access point and not one of tjhe General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) devices covered in this section.

The there is the fact that it isn't even a standard wifi extender but one of the devices aimed at the business sector.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Business Wireless - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7