× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Support How do I configure my NETGEAR WBC502 AirBridge satellite unit as an access point?

Jorge_Zapata
Aspirant

NETGEAR Support How do I configure my NETGEAR WBC502 AirBridge satellite unit as an access point?

Hi there,

I purchased a pair of WBC502 to bring Wifi to the far end of my land. Netgear support is lacking responsiveness, hence I am asking for help here;

My use case:

I am using a Master/Satellite configuration. The Master unit is connected to at-home ethernet via wire; the satellite unit is 200m away from the master. 4 to 5 internet clients will join WiFi at the satellite location.

Additional information:

1. Master/Satellite signal strength fluctuates from best to good
  2. I have connected an (asus wifi) router to the satellite unit. no internet access.
  3. I have tried every part of the manual and support pages from Netgear and followed instructions on how to do the setup, but a the end, I don't have internet access at the satellite end.
    1. Installation Guide 
    2. Netgear Support 
    3. I have also followed the 45 pages manual provided by Netgear.

Help needed:

1. Would someone walk me through the steps on how to connect a wifi router to the satellite unit to connect multiple internet clients at the satellite end? - Specifically, I am trying to set up the second use case on the Netgear manual on page 25, see below:

netgear wbc502.png

Thank you!

Jorge

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Support How do I configure my NETGEAR WBC502 AirBridge satellite unit as an access poin

Hello Jorge,

The marked use case includes using an additional wireless access point physically connected to the NETGEAR WBC502 AirBridge satellite. Alternate use case is connecting a switch to establish a wired network at the satellite location.

The two use cases shown are correct and comprehensive.

The AirBridge satellite does not offer concurrent access point features beyond of some short range management.

Message 2 of 3
Jorge_Zapata
Aspirant

Re: NETGEAR Support How do I configure my NETGEAR WBC502 AirBridge satellite unit as an access poin

Thank you Schumaku,

Yes, I have an ASUS WIFI Router (as the access point to the additional devices) physically connected to the satellite unit. - Cat5 connected to Power Adapter LAN port. Please confirm this is what you mean.

Still, when the devices connect to the ASUS Router, there is no internet access.

Test i have performed: 

1. Another router shows the same behavior,

2. connected a laptop to the Power adapter LAN port, no internet access.

Thank you again for any additional thoughts.

Jorge

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements