× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAC510 Programing

cp_dewitt
Aspirant

WAC510 Programing

I'm planning on using one WAC510 (WAC_A) in router mode with the WAN port connected to a Comcast gateway and the LAN port connected to a GS116E switch. The other two WAC510's (WAC_B, WAC_C) WAN ports also connected to the GS116E switch. The problem I'm having now though is I log into WAC_A and change it to router mode and then I can no longer log into it. I can see it's IP address on the Comcast gateway but I can't log in unless I do a factory reset but that doesn't work. If I leave it in AP mode and try to go through the settings I fill in some in the form, hit Apply and it takes several minutes to come back. The last time I tried when I hit Apply it never did come back. I'm wondering if these are working or what?

Also, if I set a static IP address, is that for the WAN port or the LAN port? Don't they need to be different?

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAC510 Programing

Is this Comcast gateway a NAT router, offering so private RFC1918 addresses like 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x to a system (PC, ...) connected?

If this Comcast Internet connection has a fixed (static) IP address assigned, this applies to the WAN/Internet side of things. Have a single public IP assigned, or hve subscribed from the ISP to get a small subnet with multiple public addresses?  

Message 2 of 3
cp_dewitt
Aspirant

Re: WAC510 Programing

The Comcast Gateway is a Cisco DPC3941B.  The network interface has

NAPT, NAT, and pass-through (Layer 2) operational modes
RFC3489 (STUN) "port-restricted cone NAT" behavior
RIP v1/v2 with MD5
Static routes
Port forwarding
Port triggering
UPnP IGD 1.0
IPSec pass-through
L2TP pass-through
PPTP pass-through

I will be using 192.168.0.xxx address ranges on the LAN side of the WAC510 but the WAN port has a 10.1.10.90 which is in the address range of the DPC3941B.  The problem I'm having is that when plugged into an Ethernet port on the DPC3941B, I can log into the WAC510 settings but after I change the WAC510 to router mode not changing the IP address on the DPC3941B side I can no longer log into the WAC510.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements