× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 10gb switch options

CALEYOCEAN
Aspirant

10gb switch options

Hello All, 

i am new to the forum, so forgive any errors i might make. I have inhirted a companies IT kit after a merger, so i am new to neatgear business products, i have used home products in the past by choice and always found them very reliable.

i have 2x GS728TS switches, linked together with the approriate cable in the dedicated SPF ports, possibly (hopefully) running at 2.5Gbs. see picture.

What options do i have to add a dell server into the mix that has 10GB nics, to get the best throughput, without replacing the switches.

Model: GS728TS(B)|ProSAFE 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi CALEYOCEAN,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

That is a DAC or Direct attached cable used for stacking the switch. You may need to configure LAG in order for you to increase the throughput.

What are link aggregation and LACP and how can I use them in my network?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi CALEYOCEAN,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

That is a DAC or Direct attached cable used for stacking the switch. You may need to configure LAG in order for you to increase the throughput.

What are link aggregation and LACP and how can I use them in my network?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
CALEYOCEAN
Aspirant

Thanks John. Much appreciate the link and info. I have 4xGS728TS(B)'s stacked via SFP, with LAG applied to 1 port on each switch, which connects to 4xGB nics in the server.

I hope that's the best way to get most throughput.

Regards Allan.

Model: GS728TS(B)|ProSAFE 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@CALEYOCEAN,

That's great! Let me know if you do have other concerns. 

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements