× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

16 port version of GS108Tv2

unimorpheus
Aspirant

16 port version of GS108Tv2

This has probably been asked before but I would really like to see a 16 port version of the GS108Tv2. I have the closest equivalent GS116Ev2 but it is not on the same level as the Tv2. It seems the 16 port offered in that class is a rack mount sized unit with fan that will not meet my installation requirements. I would really love to see a GS116Tv2 in a GS116Ev2 form factor. Any possibility of that?

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 16-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
unimorpheus
Aspirant

Re: 16 port version of GS108Tv2

After looking a little deeper it seams the GS116Tv2 I wanted is actually a GS716Tv3 which I ended up purchasing. A bit bigger than I wanted and the deployment in the space available took some thinking but in the end I made it work. Big improvment over the GS116Ev2 that it replaced. The GS116Ev2 was not up to the task of being a backbone switch and would lock out the web GUI under load. GS716Tv3 being fanless was just what I needed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello unimorpheus, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have not seen any reports regarding this, but it appears to be a good Idea. You can post this request on the Idea Exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.If it gets enough request it might be considered. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unimorpheus, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
unimorpheus
Aspirant

After looking a little deeper it seams the GS116Tv2 I wanted is actually a GS716Tv3 which I ended up purchasing. A bit bigger than I wanted and the deployment in the space available took some thinking but in the end I made it work. Big improvment over the GS116Ev2 that it replaced. The GS116Ev2 was not up to the task of being a backbone switch and would lock out the web GUI under load. GS716Tv3 being fanless was just what I needed.

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unimorpheus, 

Ah, good catch. I have not thought of that model because of its size and the way the ports are setup. I am glad to know that you found what you are looking for. If this has solved your issue, I encourage marking your post above as "Accept as Solution", this will help other users if they search the same query. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements