× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 Stacked GS752TS need High-availibility to stack

drewsandiego
Aspirant

2 Stacked GS752TS need High-availibility to stack

Hello, I have 2 GS752TS stacked (SFP) with only one uplink coming from our gateway/firewall connected to the Master switch. I have my servers connected to both switches (LAG), but what if the Master switch dies? What is the best way to make sure if the Master dies my slave has connectivity to the outside network? Options I have come up with:

1. Provide a second uplink from the gateway/firewall with some config on the firewall so it's on the same sub as the original uplink.
  2. Insert a smaller switch to split the one uplink into two.
  3. Some magic config on the GS752TS.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!

Model: GS752TS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks GS752TSB|ProSAFE 52-port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 2 Stacked GS752TS need High-availibility to stack

@drewsandiego,

You're very much welcome! I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi drewsandiego,

Welcome to our community!

I may agree to the first and second option that you have that you may connect 1 switch to the router and also the second switch goes to the router. The 2nd option will also work as long as the smaller switch that you have should also support STP/RSTP to avoid loop inside your network.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
drewsandiego
Aspirant

Thank you JohnCarlo. I appreciate the good advice. I think option 1 will be the way I go. We've been looking at getting a new firewall anyhow.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@drewsandiego,

You're very much welcome! I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements