× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding Cisco 3850 switch causing IPADTBL-N-IPDUPLICATE in Netgear logs

garyeck
Aspirant

Adding Cisco 3850 switch causing IPADTBL-N-IPDUPLICATE in Netgear logs

About every 60 seconds, on all our Netgears, we are seeing a duplicate IP warning in the Netgear event log after adding a Cisco 3850 switch to one of our locations.

29 Sep 2017 08:24:26%IPADTBL-N-IPDUPLICATE: Duplicate IP address 192.168.57.1 from MAC a0:55:4f:xx:xx:xx was detected on VLAN 1, port g47

where the MAC address in the port on the Cisco 3850.

And every Netgear (about 20 switches at multiple locations)  reports the same error (for example, the Netgear at 192.168.57.2 reports a conflict with the same MAC address on the Cisco as above.)

My 8 Adtran switches on this trunked VLAN (VLAN 1) do not report the errors.

I have seen on the Cisco support sites that their SG300 web managed switches exhibited the same problem until a firmware update on the SG300 fixed it.

We are running the latest version (Boot: 2.0.0.6 SW: 6.0.1.18)

Model: GS752TP|ProSAFE 48-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Adding Cisco 3850 switch causing IPADTBL-N-IPDUPLICATE in Netgear logs

Hi @garyeck,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked, there is no reported issue wherein there is a duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs of any NETGEAR switch after adding a Cisco 3850 switch.  Kindly answer the questions below: 

a. Does the duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs after adding a Cisco 3850 switch affects the performance of your NETGEAR switches?  

b. Have you reported this to Cisco Support and check if there is a firmware update on their end that might fix it?

If ever the duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs affects the performance of your NETGEAR switches at multiple sites, I advise you to open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime and let them know about your concern.  It is possible that this will be escalated to the engineering team for further investigation.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @garyeck,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked, there is no reported issue wherein there is a duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs of any NETGEAR switch after adding a Cisco 3850 switch.  Kindly answer the questions below: 

a. Does the duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs after adding a Cisco 3850 switch affects the performance of your NETGEAR switches?  

b. Have you reported this to Cisco Support and check if there is a firmware update on their end that might fix it?

If ever the duplicate IP warning shown in the event logs affects the performance of your NETGEAR switches at multiple sites, I advise you to open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime and let them know about your concern.  It is possible that this will be escalated to the engineering team for further investigation.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
garyeck
Aspirant

We replaced the Cisco 3850 running V15.0 firmware with a newer 3850 running V15.2, and the situation appears to have gone away. Thanks for the help!  I will probably need some help with STP/RSTP in the near future, as I try to move the client forward.

Model: GS752TP|ProSAFE 48-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@garyeck,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved. 🙂 

Feel free to post your future concern here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements